I am a serial entrepreneur and occasional angel investor specializing in informatics with a strong track record of building world-class companies, teams and products mainly for the life science industry. I have been directly involved in raising over £65M venture funding for various businesses. I have designed, built and brought to market a number of innovative and commercially successful products to support drug discovery and clinical informatics.
I have a broad range of technical, senior management, commercial and corporate skills and experience, which I have gained at senior levels in start-up, emerging and Global Fortune 500 companies.
Participated in an London Stock Exchange main market flotation and 11 corporate acquisitions.
Consulted widely for a variety of top 100 life science companies on informatics, business and scientific projects.
Extensive international experience having worked in UK, Europe and the USA.
Published over 30 papers and principal inventor on 24 patents & applications.
* Precision medicine using large scale patient datasets
* Combinatorial multi-omics analysis bringing together genomic, phenotypic and clinical data
* Strong life sciences background specializing in protein structure modelling and computational chemistry, with extensive knowledge of a variety of drug discovery and development technologies
* Applications of genomics to selective breeding and genetic gain in livestock and crops
* Semantic analysis and integration of structured and unstructured (free text) data
* Commercialization and marketing strategies for innovative high-tech products and services
* Novel hygiene and disinfection solutions for the food industry