‘World First’ Online Cancer Recovery Platform Launched
A “world-first” online platform providing access to multidisciplinary cancer teams has been launched to support people living with the disease.
Perci Health, which claims to be world’s first online multidisciplinary support platform, has launched with £1.5million seed funding.
The service offers those living with cancer access to a range of vetted, high quality cancer professionals with a focus on recovery from a physical, mental, social and emotional point of view.
Kelly McCabe, co-founder and registered oncology dietician said: “At Perci, we’re focused on making affordable, high quality cancer care more accessible to support people in making the best decisions about their long-term health and wellbeing. We strongly believe no treatable side effect should be left untreated.”
The professional team at Perci provides support and solutions to problems that many people living with cancer face. The service is tailored for each individual user, and help is available for:
- Relationship counselling
- Managing chronic fatigue
- Advice on communicating with children
- Support in returning to work
- Genetic counselling
- Dietary advice
- Managing sexual consequences or menopausal effects
Perci Health focusses on optimal recovery and empowering patients to be active participants before, during and beyond cancer treatment.
Users can browse trusted and safe articles on the platform, book a free session with a trained cancer nurse and speak with a range of qualified cancer professionals.
These professionals offer personalised, holistic support in a range of disciplines including diet, psychology and physiotherapy. Therapies offered are evidence-based and research-backed and are governed by leading oncologist and cancer surgeons, according to the company.
Professor Peter Schmid, Perci Health medical director and professor of cancer medicine, said: “Having optimal supportive care networks is critical for patients recovering from cancer – for reintegration into a normal life, but also for long term survivorship.
“Currently these services are not always easy to access. Perci Health has been designed to solve this problem by offering patients access to specialist cancer supportive care, provided by carefully selected specialists for their optimal recovery.”
People In This Post
Companies In This Post
- MedRhythms Feasibility Study Shows Positive Topline Results in Parkinson’s Disease Read more
- Ionis receives FDA Fast Track designation for Olezarsen in patients with Familial Chylomicronemia Syndrome Read more
- Sensorion and EVEON Collaborating to Develop an Injection System for the Delivery of Gene Therapy Treatments Into the Inner Ear Read more
- Qurient Announces Dosing of First Patient in Clinical Study for the Treatment of Patients with Solid Tumors Read more
- Marinus Pharmaceuticals Appoints Christine Silverstein to its Board of Directors Read more