Skanska Builds Municipal Health Lab in Harlem, New York for USD 448M
Skanska has signed a contract with the New York City Economic Development Corporation (NYCEDC) to construct a new municipal health lab in Harlem, New York, USA. The contract is worth USD 448M, about SEK 3.8 billion, which will be included in the US order bookings for the second quarter 2021.
The contract includes the construction of a new, ten-story municipal health lab on the Harlem Hospital Campus. The project will consist of approximately 21,800 square meters of new construction including offices, laboratories and clinical facilities. The lower portion of the new building will include a lobby, auditorium, walk-in testing center and several support areas.
The site is being prepared and graded, and three existing buildings will be demolished to make room for the new structure. Construction will begin in early summer 2022 and is scheduled for completion in the second quarter 2026.
Skanska is one of the leading construction– and project development companies in the U.S., specialized in building construction, civil infrastructure and developing commercial properties in select U.S. markets. Skanska USA had sales of SEK 66 billion in 2020 and had about 7,600 employees in its operations.
- Syros Receives Fast Track Designation from the FDA for Tamibarotene for the Treatment of Higher-Risk Myelodysplastic Syndrome Read more
- Merck Animal Health Receives U.S. FDA Approval of Expanded Indication for BRAVECTO Chews for Dogs Read more
- Sharecare Launches VR Program to Improve Well-being of American Workforce Read more
- Cell BioEngines Enters into an Exclusive Worldwide Agreement to Develop and Commercialize Potent Immune Cell States to Cure Cancer Read more
- Nogra Pharma Announces Out-licensing Agreement with Torii Pharmaceutical for Japan for New Chemical Entity Topical Acne Treatment Read more