RETINA-AI Health Awarded U.S. Patent for AI Eye Disease Detection
RETINA-AI Health Inc. has been awarded a U.S. patent on its Artificial Intelligence (AI) systems for autonomous detection of eye diseases from images. There are several eye diseases such as diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration, and glaucoma for which segments of the general population need to be routinely screened so as to detect these diseases early before they lead to irreversible vision loss. However, due to multiple obstacles to screening including high cost, inconvenience, scheduling difficulties, and shortage of experts, thousands of people lose vision every year. Such vision loss can be prevented by using the type of technology which RETINA-AI Health, Inc. has developed and patented. Additionally, several chronic diseases which affect other parts of the body — for example heart disease, kidney disease, and Alzheimers disease — also manifest in the eyes and can be detected using this form of technology. Each potential application of RETINA-AI Health, Inc.’s patented technology requires clinical trials and clearance from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
The newly awarded patent titled, “Systems and methods using weighted-ensemble supervised-learning for automatic detection of ophthalmic disease from images,” positions RETINA-AI Health, Inc. to continue leading in the development of innovative artificial intelligence products and services in healthcare.
The Company’s Founder and CEO, Dr. Stephen G. Odaibo, says, “Our Artificial Intelligence solutions will play a key role in improving the quality and decreasing the cost of healthcare delivery. These innovative cutting-edge technologies will fit excellently well into value-based primary care environments.”
- Syros Receives Fast Track Designation from the FDA for Tamibarotene for the Treatment of Higher-Risk Myelodysplastic Syndrome Read more
- Merck Animal Health Receives U.S. FDA Approval of Expanded Indication for BRAVECTO Chews for Dogs Read more
- Sharecare Launches VR Program to Improve Well-being of American Workforce Read more
- Cell BioEngines Enters into an Exclusive Worldwide Agreement to Develop and Commercialize Potent Immune Cell States to Cure Cancer Read more
- Nogra Pharma Announces Out-licensing Agreement with Torii Pharmaceutical for Japan for New Chemical Entity Topical Acne Treatment Read more