Oramed Announces Top-line Results from Phase 3 Trial of ORMD-0801 for the Treatment of Type 2 Diabetes
Oramed Pharmaceuticals, a clinical-stage pharmaceutical company focused on the development of oral drug delivery platforms, announced today top-line results from its Phase 3 randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, multicenter clinical trial (ORA-D-013-1) comparing the efficacy of ORMD-0801 to placebo in patients with Type 2 Diabetes (T2D) at 26 weeks. ORA-D-013-1 enrolled 710 patients with T2D and inadequate glycemic control on two or three oral glucose-lowering agents.
The ORA-D-013-1 trial did not meet its primary endpoint, which compared the efficacy of ORMD-0801 to placebo in improving glycemic control as assessed by the mean change from baseline in A1C at 26 weeks. The trial also did not meet its secondary endpoint, which assessed the mean change from baseline in fasting plasma glucose at 26 weeks. There were no serious drug-related adverse events. Therefore, Oramed expects to discontinue its oral insulin clinical activities for T2D.
Nadav Kidron, Oramed’s Chief Executive Officer, commented, “Today’s outcome is very disappointing, given the positive results from prior trials. Once full data from the studies are available, we expect to share relevant learnings and future plans. We thank all the patients, families and healthcare professionals who participated in the trial.”
- Syros Receives Fast Track Designation from the FDA for Tamibarotene for the Treatment of Higher-Risk Myelodysplastic Syndrome Read more
- Merck Animal Health Receives U.S. FDA Approval of Expanded Indication for BRAVECTO Chews for Dogs Read more
- Sharecare Launches VR Program to Improve Well-being of American Workforce Read more
- Cell BioEngines Enters into an Exclusive Worldwide Agreement to Develop and Commercialize Potent Immune Cell States to Cure Cancer Read more
- Nogra Pharma Announces Out-licensing Agreement with Torii Pharmaceutical for Japan for New Chemical Entity Topical Acne Treatment Read more