OneOncology Partners Add Practices and Physicians to National Platform
OneOncology, a US national platform for independent oncology practices, announced recent significant practice growth and new physician hires across the platform.
In the last six months, New York Cancer and Blood Specialists (NYCBS) added 23 physicians from five practices; Los Angeles Cancer Network (LACN) added four medical oncologists from two practices; Pennsylvania Cancer Specialists & Research Institute (PCSRI) added four physicians from one practice; Mary Bird Perkins (MBP) added two medical oncologists from one practice; and Tennessee Oncology has added two medical oncologists from one practice. So far in 2022, OneOncology has added 159 new physicians to its platform by adding practices and working with practices to hire physicians. These physicians practice across the continuum of care including medical oncology, breast surgical oncology, radiation oncology, gynecological oncology, urology and primary care.
“Helping practice partners realize their growth plans is an important aspect of our contribution to their success,” said Jeff Patton, MD, CEO, OneOncology. “Bringing on medical oncologists and differentiated health care services improves patient access to care and addresses health inequities in communities across the country. We welcome our new colleagues and look forward to working with them and sharing resources to enhance patient care.”
NYCBS continues to add multi-specialty care by adding ten Suffolk County physicians from Patchogue-based Suffolk OBGYN, seven pain management physicians from the Pain Institute of Long Island in Port Jefferson, two urologists from Accord Physicians, who practice in Queens and Brooklyn, and an OBGYN, in Ronkonkoma. The practice also added two medical oncologists – Jagmohan Kalra, MD, who practices in Queens and Newburgh-based Umangi Patel, MD.
“We’ve grown throughout New York, adding cancer centers, oncology specialists as well other physician specialists to the NYCBS team,” said Jeff Vacirca, MD, CEO, NYCBS. “OneOncology has added jet fuel to our growth trajectory, enabling us to grow faster and expand patient access to care, especially in communities that historically have had inadequate cancer care options. Expanding our services to Poughkeepsie and the Newburgh area is a perfect launching pad for our practice to continue to grow and care for patients in the remainder of upstate New York.”
- Syros Receives Fast Track Designation from the FDA for Tamibarotene for the Treatment of Higher-Risk Myelodysplastic Syndrome Read more
- Merck Animal Health Receives U.S. FDA Approval of Expanded Indication for BRAVECTO Chews for Dogs Read more
- Sharecare Launches VR Program to Improve Well-being of American Workforce Read more
- Cell BioEngines Enters into an Exclusive Worldwide Agreement to Develop and Commercialize Potent Immune Cell States to Cure Cancer Read more
- Nogra Pharma Announces Out-licensing Agreement with Torii Pharmaceutical for Japan for New Chemical Entity Topical Acne Treatment Read more