Modus Therapeutics Submits Patent Application for Sevuparin in Kidney Disease
Modus Therapeutics AB (“Modus”), a company developing innovative treatments for patients with major unmet medical needs, announces that it has submitted a patent application claiming the use of sevuparin, its lead asset, for the treatment of kidney disease.
The patent application is based on novel preclinical work that was undertaken in an established kidney disease animal model during an academic collaboration project. A granted patent would provide patent protection until at least 2043.
Sevuparin is a proprietary compound of Modus Therapeutics, currently being evaluated in Phase 1 clinical trials as a potential treatment for sepsis and septic shock, as well as for severe malaria in children.
John Öhd, CEO of Modus Therapeutics, said: “Sevuparin is already in development as a potential new treatment for sepsis and septic shock. In addition, we are actively evaluating new avenues for development and commercialisation of our key asset, as well as continuously developing its patent portfolio in parallel. While the patent application is a tangible result of these efforts, it also demonstrates Modus´ ability to successfully collaborate internationally with leading academic institutions.”
- Syros Receives Fast Track Designation from the FDA for Tamibarotene for the Treatment of Higher-Risk Myelodysplastic Syndrome Read more
- Merck Animal Health Receives U.S. FDA Approval of Expanded Indication for BRAVECTO Chews for Dogs Read more
- Sharecare Launches VR Program to Improve Well-being of American Workforce Read more
- Cell BioEngines Enters into an Exclusive Worldwide Agreement to Develop and Commercialize Potent Immune Cell States to Cure Cancer Read more
- Nogra Pharma Announces Out-licensing Agreement with Torii Pharmaceutical for Japan for New Chemical Entity Topical Acne Treatment Read more