BioSpace Names Most Promising New Biopharma Companies to Watch in 2023
BioSpace, the leading life sciences news and careers site, has announced its 2023 selections for the Biopharma industry’s most promising up-and-coming companies. The NextGen Bio list showcases 25 innovative organizations on their way to success. This is the ninth year BioSpace has highlighted the most exciting new biopharma companies from across the U.S.
Topping the NextGen “Class of 2023” list is Neumora Therapeutics, having secured $400 million in its 2021 Series A and another $112 million in Series B funding a year later. Developing precision medicines, Neumora debuted with a pipeline of eight clinical, preclinical and discovery stage programs supported by internal discovery efforts and a strategic partnership with Amgen which brought in another $100 million equity investment. BioSpace considers organizations across all therapeutic areas. Other top winners include longevity biotech Altos Labs, Odyssey Therapeutics with eight programs in immunology and oncology, KRAS-focused Affini-T Therapeutics and Upstream Bio, which is targeting the TSLP receptor.
“With so much momentum in our industry, it’s a thrill to highlight key innovators that show particular promise,” said Josh Goodwin, chief executive officer of BioSpace.
BioSpace‘s editorial team analyzed multiple components as determining factors: financing, collaborations, pipeline, growth potential and innovation. The team awarded points for each criterion and companies ranked accordingly. This year’s list includes top-scoring organizations that launched between September 2021 and September 2022 with Series A funding. Previous NextGen selections include success stories such as Eikon Therapeutics, Prime Medicine, Umoja Biopharma and GentiBio.
NextGen Bio “Class of 2023” list
Neumora Therapeutics, Altos Labs, Odyssey Therapeutics, Affini-T Therapeutics, Upstream Bio, Capstan Therapeutics, Alto Neuroscience, IDRx, Inc., Intergalactic Therapeutics, Septerna, Inc., Chroma Medicine, Inc., Ceptur Therapeutics, Clade Therapeutics, Triana Biomedicines Inc., Code Biotherapeutics, Satellite Bio, Ambagon Therapeutics, Epic Bio, Ansa Biotechnologies, Totus Medicines, Spatial Genomics, Seismic Therapeutic, Inc., 64x Bio, Curie Therapeutics, ONK Therapeutics
Companies In This Post
- Syros Receives Fast Track Designation from the FDA for Tamibarotene for the Treatment of Higher-Risk Myelodysplastic Syndrome Read more
- Merck Animal Health Receives U.S. FDA Approval of Expanded Indication for BRAVECTO Chews for Dogs Read more
- Sharecare Launches VR Program to Improve Well-being of American Workforce Read more
- Cell BioEngines Enters into an Exclusive Worldwide Agreement to Develop and Commercialize Potent Immune Cell States to Cure Cancer Read more
- Nogra Pharma Announces Out-licensing Agreement with Torii Pharmaceutical for Japan for New Chemical Entity Topical Acne Treatment Read more