Bio-Rad Launches IgA and IgM SARS-CoV-2 Bio-Plex Pro Immunoassay Panels to Study COVID-19 Antibody Response
Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. (NYSE: BIO and BIOb), a global leader of life science research and clinical diagnostic products, today announced the launch of the Bio-Plex™ Pro Human IgA and IgM SARS-CoV-2 panels to detect IgA and IgM antibodies against four SARS-CoV-2 antigens. The panels are for research use only (RUO).
The Bio-Plex Pro Human IgA SARS-CoV-2 S1/S2/N/RBD 4-Plex Panel and the Bio-Plex Pro Human IgM SARS-CoV-2 S1/S2/N/RBD 4-Plex Panel join Bio-Rad’s existing Bio-Plex Pro Human IgG SARS-CoV-2 N/RBD/S1/S2 4-Plex Panel to complete the set of three separate qualitative multiplex immunoassays that provide precise and efficient detection of IgA, IgG, and IgM antibodies against four SARS-CoV-2 antigens. The panels assist researchers in developing vaccines, and the panels also help public health researchers who perform seroprevalence studies based on serology specimens to identify individuals who may have been exposed to SARS-CoV-2. These individuals may have not been diagnosed with COVID-19 and could have experienced only mild symptoms, or they could be asymptomatic.
“The multiplex immunoassay panels help vaccine developers determine therapeutic efficacy, from development through clinical phases and then later on in postmarket surveillance studies,” said Candice Cox, Bio-Rad Immunoassays Marketing Manager, Life Science Group. “Detecting levels of antibodies against SARS-CoV-2 in an individual provides valuable information about possible exposure rates in a population or about the effectiveness of COVID-19 vaccines in preventing the spread of this disease,” she said.
People In This Post
Companies In This Post
- Genoscience Pharma receives FDA Orphan Drug Designation for ezurpimtrostat to treat HepatoCellular Carcinoma (HCC) Read more
- AviadoBio Announces Appointment of Jeff Goater as Chair of the Board of Directors Read more
- Ellipses Pharma Announces FDA Approval of IND Application for EP0042 for Patients With Acute Myeloid Leukaemia Read more
- Ariceum Therapeutics Appoints Radioligand Expert, Germo Gericke, as Chief Medical Officer Read more
- NHS To Offer Licensed Cannabis-Based Medicine To Treat Rare Genetic Condition Read more