BICO Group Appoints Marius Balger as New COO
BICO Group is pleased to announce the appointment of Marius Balger as Chief Operating Officer (COO), as BICO continues to accelerate its growth journey across geographies and business strategies. Mr.Balger will be part of the Executive Management team and report directly to President & CEO Erik Gatenholm.
As COO, Mr. Balger will take office 1 March 2023 and lead the strategic development of BICO’s operational efficiency and cost control. Mr. Balger brings nearly 20 years of experience in the global life science industry, most recently serving as Senior Vice President, Commercial Operations at Tecan AG, a public life science company headquartered in Zurich, where he has worked since 2017. Before Tecan AG, Mr. Balger had a long and esteemed career as CEO, successfully growing a global Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization for life science and in-vitro diagnostics laboratory instrumentation.
“I am thrilled to welcome Marius to our team. BICO has grown rapidly and matured significantly over the past several years, both in terms of investment strategies and product portfolio scope, into a global, leading life science tools provider. With his breadth and depth of operational experience, I am confident that Marius has the skills, vision, and persistence to put the right competencies, processes, and strategies in place so that we can deliver profitable growth,” said Erik Gatenholm, President & CEO BICO Group.
“I am very passionate about the journey BICO Group is on and impressed with the company’s rapid development, the ability and focus of changing and streamlining working methods by combining tech and biology. I am happy to join and exited to contribute alongside a great team,” said Marius Balger, BICO COO.
In line with BICO’s previously communicated strategy with a focus on cost control, operational efficiency, and decentralized organizational structure the Executive Management of BICO Group will, as of today, January 5, 2023, consist of the following people: President and CEO Erik Gatenholm; CTO Hector Martinez; CFO Jacob Thordenberg and SVP & General Counsel & HR Lotta Bus. As of 1 March 2023, both COO Marius Balger and Head of Corporate Development & M&A Artur Aira are included in the Executive Management team.
- Syros Receives Fast Track Designation from the FDA for Tamibarotene for the Treatment of Higher-Risk Myelodysplastic Syndrome Read more
- Merck Animal Health Receives U.S. FDA Approval of Expanded Indication for BRAVECTO Chews for Dogs Read more
- Sharecare Launches VR Program to Improve Well-being of American Workforce Read more
- Cell BioEngines Enters into an Exclusive Worldwide Agreement to Develop and Commercialize Potent Immune Cell States to Cure Cancer Read more
- Nogra Pharma Announces Out-licensing Agreement with Torii Pharmaceutical for Japan for New Chemical Entity Topical Acne Treatment Read more