NHS Digital Appoints Simon Bolton as Interim CEO
NHS Digital has announced today that Simon Bolton has been appointed as its interim CEO.
Simon joins the organisation from Test and Trace where he has been Chief Information Officer since August 2020. He replaces Sarah Wilkinson, who has been CEO of the organisation for four years and will leave the role in June.
Chair of the NHS Digital Board, Laura Wade-Gery, said: “We are delighted that Simon is joining NHS Digital at what is a time of tremendous opportunity for us.
“The organisation has shown what it is capable of during the pandemic. It has stepped up and delivered digital programmes at unprecedented scale and pace which have undoubtably helped save lives.
“Simon will provide strong leadership for the organisation to maintain this momentum and build on what has been achieved over the last year, supporting and driving forward the wider NHS agenda of simultaneous restoration and transformation of services with digital at its heart.
“I would also like to take this opportunity to thank Sarah for her commitment, her dedication, and her outstanding leadership over the last four years.”
Prior to Test and Trace, Mr Bolton was the CIO of Jaguar Land Rover and brings deep and varied IT delivery, operations, and leadership experience to this new role.
Mr Bolton said: “It is a privilege to join this organisation at such an important stage. The appetite for digitisation within the NHS presents a huge opportunity for all of us working in the health tech sector and my ambition is for NHS Digital to be at the forefront, driving innovation and developing solutions and new capabilities.
“What NHS Digital has achieved during the pandemic has been remarkable and I look forward to working alongside my new colleagues to continue to deliver for patients and the frontline.”
Mr Bolton will formally take on the role of Interim CEO on 4 June 2021, Sarah Wilkinson will work closely with him ahead of this to ensure continuity of leadership and delivery.
The Board will run an open competition to recruit for the role on a permanent basis later this year.
People In This Post
Companies In This Post
- Sherlock Biosciences Acquires Sense Biodetection Advancing CRISPR-Based Diagnostics for Consumers Read more
- Genoscience Pharma receives FDA Orphan Drug Designation for ezurpimtrostat to treat HepatoCellular Carcinoma (HCC) Read more
- AviadoBio Announces Appointment of Jeff Goater as Chair of the Board of Directors Read more
- Ellipses Pharma Announces FDA Approval of IND Application for EP0042 for Patients With Acute Myeloid Leukaemia Read more
- Ariceum Therapeutics Appoints Radioligand Expert, Germo Gericke, as Chief Medical Officer Read more