ExPLoRNA Therapeutics Receives Funding to Advance its Novel mRNA Technology
ExPLoRNA Therapeutics, a Polish biotech company revolutionizing mRNA vaccines and therapeutics with unprecedented translational efficiency, received funding from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to further develop its unique mRNA technology. ExPLoRNA specializes in novel cap analogs, the starting part of mRNA that is crucial for enabling successful production of the encoded protein. ExPLoRNA’s technology increases protein production beyond scale observable so far with other standard cap analogs.
Total funding received from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation is $813,578 and will be used for a 14-month project. The project aims to better understand the benefits of ExPLoRNA’s cap analogs, especially in terms of reducing the mRNA dose needed for therapeutic effects in the settings of vaccination and monoclonal antibody production. The planned experiments include the use of the state-of-the-art, clinically validated lipid nanoparticle (LNP) formulations from Acuitas Therapeutics. Acuitas is known for its successful role in providing the LNP technology for one of the only two regulatory-approved mRNA-based COVID-19 vaccines.
ExPLoRNA Therapeutics is the first Polish biotech company to receive funding from Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Through this project, ExPLoRNA Therapeutics commits to its vision of making mRNA technology more accessible in low-income countries to help fight disesaes threatening human lives and well-being.
“We are grateful for the foundation’s support to help us achieve our vision. With the help of this grant, we intend to speed up the development of future mRNA vaccines and therapies,” comments Jacek Jemielity, CEO of ExPLoRNA Therapeutics, and professor at the University of Warsaw.
- Syros Receives Fast Track Designation from the FDA for Tamibarotene for the Treatment of Higher-Risk Myelodysplastic Syndrome Read more
- Merck Animal Health Receives U.S. FDA Approval of Expanded Indication for BRAVECTO Chews for Dogs Read more
- Sharecare Launches VR Program to Improve Well-being of American Workforce Read more
- Cell BioEngines Enters into an Exclusive Worldwide Agreement to Develop and Commercialize Potent Immune Cell States to Cure Cancer Read more
- Nogra Pharma Announces Out-licensing Agreement with Torii Pharmaceutical for Japan for New Chemical Entity Topical Acne Treatment Read more