Drug Safety Prediction AI Startup Quris Earns Additional Seed Funding Led by SoftBank Vision Fund 2
Quris, an artificial intelligence (AI) innovator disrupting the pharmaceutical arena, has announced it has secured an additional $9 million in seed funding, bringing its total seed round funding to $37 million. Led by SoftBank Vision Fund 2, alongside existing private and institutional investors such as GlenRock Capital, iAngels, Welltech Ventures and Richter Group, the additional funding will help Quris advance its Bio-AI platform, grow its team, strengthen industry collaborations and speed its novel drug research.
“We believe the early forecasting capability that Quris is developing brings real potential impact to the global pharmaceutical industry,” said Yossi Cohen, Director of Israel Operations for SoftBank Investment Advisers. ”Harnessing the novel application of AI, Dr. Bentwich and his team could save the enormous costs of drugs failing in clinical trials, and in doing so create a business in Israel of significant economic value.”
Quris is the first Bio-AI clinical-prediction platform that simulates clinical trials by leveraging a patented patient-on-chip system through the use of stem-cell derived tissue and AI to simulate a real human body’s reaction to drugs without relying on time-intense, inaccurate animal-testing. Better predicting which drug candidates will safely work in humans, Quris reduces drug development cost and duration.
“SoftBank’s ecosystem comprises an impressive cluster of companies leading the field of artificial intelligence for pharma. As an investment partner, it gives them a unique perspective on this young and promising field that has already begun to produce significant unicorns,” added Dr. Isaac Bentwich, founder and CEO of Quris.
- Syros Receives Fast Track Designation from the FDA for Tamibarotene for the Treatment of Higher-Risk Myelodysplastic Syndrome Read more
- Merck Animal Health Receives U.S. FDA Approval of Expanded Indication for BRAVECTO Chews for Dogs Read more
- Sharecare Launches VR Program to Improve Well-being of American Workforce Read more
- Cell BioEngines Enters into an Exclusive Worldwide Agreement to Develop and Commercialize Potent Immune Cell States to Cure Cancer Read more
- Nogra Pharma Announces Out-licensing Agreement with Torii Pharmaceutical for Japan for New Chemical Entity Topical Acne Treatment Read more