Roche Launches New BenchMark ULTRA PLUS System for Cancer Diagnostics Enabling Timely, Targeted Patient Care
Roche (SIX: RO, ROG; OTCQX: RHHBY) today announced the launch of the BenchMark ULTRA PLUS system, its newest advanced tissue staining platform. The system enables quick and accurate test results so clinicians can make timely decisions regarding a patient’s care journey.
“With the BenchMark ULTRA PLUS, we are pleased to offer an advanced tissue staining platform, co-developed with lab professionals,” said Thomas Schinecker, CEO of Roche Diagnostics. “Waiting for a diagnosis is often one of the most stressful times for patients. This system enables pathologists to provide quick and accurate results that help inform patient treatment options.”
Cancer and other abnormal cells can be characterised by biochemical markers from within the cells. By applying chemical solutions to tissue on glass slides with the BenchMark ULTRA PLUS, a healthcare professional can identify these markers to determine the presence or absence of key drivers that feed the unhealthy cells and, in many cases, the type of therapy that could be used to combat them.
The new BenchMark ULTRA PLUS system continues the evolution of the BenchMark series, which revolutionised cancer diagnostics by fully automating processes that used to be performed manually, one slide at a time.
Lab personnel will be able to manage their activities more efficiently as a result of simplified, software and streamlined productivity and quality control. These enhancements can help support the quicker delivery of test results for patients who are waiting for a diagnosis.
The new system has several innovations such as new intuitive software, remote monitoring features, an integrated touchscreen for a more optimised user experience, and a more environmentally sustainable waste system and product packaging.
The BenchMark ULTRA PLUS system will be available to European Union countries in July 2022 and to the United States and in the Asia-Pacific market in September 2022, followed by a worldwide roll out in 2023.
People In This Post
Companies In This Post
- Syros Receives Fast Track Designation from the FDA for Tamibarotene for the Treatment of Higher-Risk Myelodysplastic Syndrome Read more
- Merck Animal Health Receives U.S. FDA Approval of Expanded Indication for BRAVECTO Chews for Dogs Read more
- Sharecare Launches VR Program to Improve Well-being of American Workforce Read more
- Cell BioEngines Enters into an Exclusive Worldwide Agreement to Develop and Commercialize Potent Immune Cell States to Cure Cancer Read more
- Nogra Pharma Announces Out-licensing Agreement with Torii Pharmaceutical for Japan for New Chemical Entity Topical Acne Treatment Read more