NHS Comment On Study Linking Type 2 Diabetes To Earlier Health Problems
Comment from Professor Jonathan Valabhji on a new study from the University of Cambridge, that finds people with type 2 diabetes have a higher risk of earlier health problems including cancer:
NHS clinical director for diabetes and obesity, Professor Jonathan Valabhji, said: “This study is a stark reminder of the wider implications of Type 2 diabetes and obesity for individuals, and for the NHS.
“The health service is playing its part, with around half a million people already offered support through the NHS Diabetes Prevention Programme, and new data out this week has shown the programme can reduce your chances of developing Type 2 diabetes by more than a third.
“You can easily check your risk through the Diabetes UK ‘Know Your Risk’ tool and come forward for support, so the NHS can help you to prevent the condition developing in the first place.”
People In This Post
- Syros Receives Fast Track Designation from the FDA for Tamibarotene for the Treatment of Higher-Risk Myelodysplastic Syndrome Read more
- Merck Animal Health Receives U.S. FDA Approval of Expanded Indication for BRAVECTO Chews for Dogs Read more
- Sharecare Launches VR Program to Improve Well-being of American Workforce Read more
- Cell BioEngines Enters into an Exclusive Worldwide Agreement to Develop and Commercialize Potent Immune Cell States to Cure Cancer Read more
- Nogra Pharma Announces Out-licensing Agreement with Torii Pharmaceutical for Japan for New Chemical Entity Topical Acne Treatment Read more