New COVID-19 Saliva Test Makes Testing Far Easier for All Ages
UK company Intelligent Fingerprinting, manufacturers of the world’s first and only fingerprint sweat drug test, has now developed an easy-to-use saliva-based lateral flow test for the rapid detection of the COVID-19 antigen. In contrast to existing COVID-19 tests that require unpleasant, invasive nose and throat swabs, Intelligent Fingerprinting’s test uses a simple swab to collect a saliva sample just from the inside of the cheek. The test strip is deliberately simple in design and engineered to keep plastic usage to a minimum – with none of the plastic casing present that is usually associated with lateral flow tests.
The Intelligent Fingerprinting COVID-19 test’s easy saliva sample collection makes it particularly suitable for testing more vulnerable people and children. It facilitates frequent testing across a range of applications including schools, workplaces, public events, care homes, healthcare, airports and prisons. Test results are available in 20 minutes – a third quicker than most current nose and throat lateral flow tests.
“Almost everyone who has taken a nose or throat swab to test for COVID-19 knows just how unpleasant they can be. In developing our new COVID-19 saliva test, we have successfully combined the benefits of much simpler sample collection with high levels of accuracy using our existing technology,” explained Intelligent Fingerprinting’s Executive Chairman Philip Hand.
“The introduction of our new COVID-19 test involved rapid design, development and manufacture within the UK over a ten-month period. Manufacturing capacity at our Cambridge plant, utilising existing equipment and ISO 13485 quality control, is ready to support the production of millions of tests per month, and we also anticipate we will be working with existing and new distribution partners to make this test available across multiple markets,” he added.
People In This Post
Companies In This Post
- Sherlock Biosciences Acquires Sense Biodetection Advancing CRISPR-Based Diagnostics for Consumers Read more
- Genoscience Pharma receives FDA Orphan Drug Designation for ezurpimtrostat to treat HepatoCellular Carcinoma (HCC) Read more
- AviadoBio Announces Appointment of Jeff Goater as Chair of the Board of Directors Read more
- Ellipses Pharma Announces FDA Approval of IND Application for EP0042 for Patients With Acute Myeloid Leukaemia Read more
- Ariceum Therapeutics Appoints Radioligand Expert, Germo Gericke, as Chief Medical Officer Read more